Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 6, day 3

May 6, day 3




Starting odo 6206

Decided to take the alternate route that two people had recommended to
me. This has me go by the. Hood canal, and past Olympic national
Forrest. The forrest is beautiful and very mossy. It rains on me, off
and on, but it's not enough to actually get you wet if you generate
any heat at all. You can hear the micro drops hitting the jacket, but
you can hardly see the rain at all.







Stop at the half-way house restaurant in Brinnon for lunch, a Philly
chesesteak fries and deschutes mirror pond pale ale. Checking the time,
there is about 40 miles left to Sheldon and 6 hours left to do it in,
which should be more than ample! Although , as the beer kicks in I am
feeling pretty lazy!

I am wondering if I'll meet up with the young couple in Sheldon. This
route may be too fast or maybe not since I had to go over a pass,
maybe 800 feet elevation gain on the way.

In the last two hours before Shelton, the rain advances from micro
sized to real rain, and the outside of my jacket starts actually
getting wet, and water starts collecting on the road. That leads to my
shoes getting wet because I didn't think to put on the shoe covers. I
am very glad to have the fenders though. However... The suntour
freewheel starts acting up, actually making audible crunching sounds!
I have never heard a freewheel do this, so the suntour continues in
its tradition of exceptional un-excellence. I think all it needs is
some oil, but who knows? I worry about it until Shelton where I check
in to a Super 8 motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment