Thursday, May 12, 2011

May 11, day 8 rest day in Astoria OR





May 11, day 8 rest day in Astoria OR

So, it is forecast about 80-90% rain today,- and it does. And so I
wuss out and stay off the bike. After a slow start to the day, I go
over to the chamber of commerce/visitors center. I get maps and a
guide to brewpubs called brew-ha!  I notice the other place
recommended to me IS a brewpub, so I resolve to visit it. I am also
interested in visiting Warrington to try and get a charger/data cable
for my phone, which is not reliably charging with the one I have.
Unfortunately, I just miss catching the bus, so I walk back to the
motel. On the way I decide to visit Josephon's smoked fish. They let
me the several items including smoked scallops, and maple salmon and
salmon jerky. They are all good, so in a kind of tangental thinking I
decide to have a smoked fish sandwich. Two bagel halves toasted with
cream cheese and piled high with garlic pepper smoked salmon. Its a
lot, and vert tasty, and reasonably priced.

Returning to the motel I study the maps and brewpub guide. I decide to
update the blog with the last few day's worth of pics, and then go to
Fort George brewery and public house for dinner and to check their
beer out. I'm going to be a bit more cautious than last night when I
fell asleep almost immediately in front of the tv. They have a good,
and a bit more, uh, brutal IPA than the solar dog IPA. The brewpub
appears to be more popular with the local people than the wet dog.

PS. I have changed settings so that anyone can comment, the default required that you have an account. Sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment