Friday, May 20, 2011

May 18, day 15: rest day at Gold Beach

May 18, day 15: rest day at Gold Beach

I wake late, well, I've woken up about 3 times earlier but go back to
sleep because I was up late last night doing wash. Since I've decided
to take a rest day, the issue is where to stay. I want to stay at the
motel 6 because it's easier, but it's more expensive too, so I pack up
and move to a RV park for $18. Later, as I'm walking around town for
the day I worry about all my gear left there unlocked. I did lock up
the bike, but all my clothes, tent, etc. Are free for the taking. They
say it's fine, but still a better plan would have been to have the
room for today and camped yesterday!

It's very hard to stay put today - nice and sunny with a good tailwind
if I  was riding.  However, one of my mistakes last tour was not
taking some rest days, so I stay put!

Walking around town I see two cycle tourists, so I go inside the
restaurant to talk to them. They are Ben and Liz, and they are going
south like I am. Today is not a rest day for them so they are just
having lunch before moving on. The waitress tells us the next stretch
is very beautiful! I got Ben's phone number, so I might possibly get
in touch in a day or so to see where they are.

I walk around town the whole day but it's not that much walking
considering the time sitting at various places. Has some ice cream,
Uquoia blackberry cheesecake and it's very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment