Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 5, Day 2




Starting odo 6160

Leaving Deception Pass, I go by the Naval base where jets are taking off and landing about every 3-5 minutes. The route goes down to the beach on Whidbey island which is often a sheer drop from the road. Waiting for the ferry to Port Townsend two couples ride up. One is taking the same route as I am, students from Victoria who also started near the border. The other couple are more my age, and the man had done quite a bit of touring. They were headed in a different direction. After the ferry I ate, and headed on trying to actually make some progress, but about 7 I was in Port Hadlock and discovered I was on the wrong road (I had missed my turn) and it was raining, so I decided to stay at a motel in Port Hadlock, as there wasn't much camping nearby on the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment