Friday, June 10, 2011

June 1, Day 29 SF to Pacifica

June 1, day 29 SF to Pacifica
Starting odo 7409

Shyam at breakfast

We packup and leave the hostel. We go to a nearby coffee house for
breakfast. There is a bowl of cookies and a snippet of an article
about chocolate chip cookies. This gets me started on cookies and I
lookup blue chip cookies. Amazingly they don't have a store in SF, but
I do find another cc cookie store that seems nearby.  We decide to try
for it - but it appears to be about a half mile straight up, so we
abandon the cookie quest!
The hill that ended the cookie expedition

On the way back to the route we stumble upon a bike shop and go in. I
end up buying parts for my racing bike back in Austin. They are tiny
springs that I'm going to mail back.

Leaving SF

We had planned to meet my cousin Sandy at her office in pacifica,
which is just a couple if miles from highway 1, but are running late.
Eventually we are riding south on 1 nearing the turn for her office
when we  see Sandy waving to us  while driving north on 1!  We ride
the rest of the way to her office and put the bikes inside, then drive
to Sandy and David's.
We're treated to a wonderful dinner,and a relaxing soak in their hot
tub with a great view of the bay!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you have the photo David took of the two of you? You should post it!

    ReplyDelete