Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 31, day 28. Rest day in SF

Brainwash Laundromat

May 31, day 28. Rest day in SF
So, I decided it was time for a rest day, no bike riding, and why not in SF?
We get up a little late and get our breakfast- a bagel with butter and
jam with tea. Then I go to charge devices and check email. I reviewed
photos and make a list of the ones I want to post to the blog. The
uploads seem slow at the hostel, so we decide to take the netbook with
us and use some other Internet connection.
One goal for today is to go to the REI so that Shyam can get another
pair of shorts. On the way we stop at the Marin bicycles factory
store. I am tempted by their jerseys which are very reasonably priced.
After visiting REI, we eat at Roccos where we have appetizers. (it's
happy hour!)
Across the street is a place with wifi called Brainwash. It is a coin
laundry/coffee house (with beer!) and there is an open mike tonight
with several people and groups playing.
We hook up the laptop and I start uploading the photos. It is takes
perhaps an hour to do them all.
Now were just listening to the music while a guy at the next table
works on a very intricate pen and ink drawing. He tells me he's worked
on it for about 100 hours. We are on the corner of Folsom and Langton.
The bathroom here is called the reading room, about half the tiles on
the walls have quotations on them - not graffiti, they were made with
the quotes. Like "when I leave a restaurant I want to have enough gas
to start a Shell station - Tom Waits"

No comments:

Post a Comment