Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 11, day 39 Ventura to Venice

June 11, day 39 Ventura to Venice
Starting odo 7876


Today it's nice and flat, no wind and overcast, about 60 degrees.
Since, like all people I must complain about something, I wish there
was some blue sky and a little warmth!
I stop at a spudnuts store and consult the map, I need a new taillight
since one of mine broke yesterday, and there should be a bike shop
nearby, but it's not actually near so I decide to go on.
I am wondering what there is to say about southern California. On the
negatives, it's not as pretty as Oregon, it's a dessert, and there are
way too many people. On the positive side, some of those people are
very pretty. Also, the terrain is flatter and the wind is with us.
Others have said that after Santa Barbara, the rest of the ride is not
so nice.
We have long stretches riding on the beach, so I'm hoping that will be
entertaining, even though  I'm sure progress will be slow.
I do like these bushes blooming here - they smell just like marijuana,
and they grow everywhere!
As I'm going thru Malibu I see a small motel, and I wonder it it's
reasonable, but I don't have much hope that it is, so I keep riding.
There are no more places to camp listed on the map, and there don't
seem to be any more motels either, so I turn around to go back.
After a minute or so I see Shyam coming so I turn around and ride with
him. He and Mike are headed for a hostel in Santa Monica.
We eventually end up in a motel in Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment